Monday, September 15, 2008

This Week

Hooray for Zane!!! He got his first goal last Tuesday at his soccer game! He is really learning how to get the ball out of the crowd of kids surrounding it, and kick it in the correct direction. He is the youngest kid on his team, and many of the other kids played last year, so they have a few more soccer skills than Zane does. But I think that is a good thing, because he is learning so much watching their example. It has been such a blast to go to the practices and games as a family and cheer the team on. I will be bummed when the season is over.




Zane is right in front of the girl (#3). This is the moment before he kicked the ball into the goal! Too bad you can't see more than a small part of the back of his head peeking out.


This is the photo I shot right after he made his goal. He was so happy.

!


This one is obvious... he is throwing the ball back into play.


This past week was filled with many fun things in our family. Just before Grandma Deb came into town, Zane decided it would be fun to help Nyah put on some makeup while I was on the phone. They did this in a matter of a few minutes!!!


It kinda looks like she has a moustache!

She's fussing because she knows she's busted.

Later that day Jeff and I put together her first big girl bed. She was so excited! All she can talk about (even now) is her new big girl bed. The first night she slept in it was Wednesday night, and she didn't get out even once. I find this to be quite a miracle because when Zane got his first big boy bed he was out of it like 50 times a night. We had to keep putting him back in it (without saying a word to him) until he finally got the picture. I am glad that Nyah's experience made it much less exhausting on Jeff and I!


Woo Hoo!!! My new big girl bed!!!

Dad and Ny on her new bed.


On Thursday night after the kids were in bed, Grandma Deb came to visit for the weekend. It was so fun! We went to lunch, went to the toy store, and had Sponge Bob Popsicles. We all loved having her here, and we wish she could visit more often. Here are a few pics from the weekend.



Grandma gave each kid a whole dollar! Zane was especially thrilled.

Grandma and Nyah.

6 comments:

Krazy Keetch's said...

I was so glad I got to meet your momma! I thought she was a rad chick! Very hip..I like that!

When you get a chance send me that pic of your cousin..k..

I love Nyah's stash..Later alligator!

tatum said...

love the mustache pics

Jill said...

Oh how fun to be able to see you again. Your kids are so cute. Your Mom looks great. I remember that sunner at the reunion. It was greandma and grandpa Smart's 50th wedding anniversary. I hope all is well.

Chrystal said...

How awesome - Good Job Zane! Nyah's mustache was hilarious! Love you!!

Jenne said...

Tara - Your children are absolutely beautiful!! It was so great hearing from you. Thank you for all of the nice comments and memories. That is really sweet of you!! I remember you with very fond memories as well. How are you doing? You look amazing, just like I remembered. So what are you up to? This is my first year as a stay at home Mom and I am loving it!! I do Choreography on the side sometimes, but am mostly just home. My Mom said she saw you at the Funeral. I think I was working for WSU and out of town during that time or I would have been there. Anyhoo, I would love to catch up....I will look forward to looking at your blog.

Rachelle said...

So fun to see your cute family! It was fun to see a picture of your mom too! What beutiful kiddies you have! Way to go ZANE! Hooray for sports.

Hugs,
Rachelle