Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flower Gardens and Toes

Thanks for all the potty training advice. I LOVE hearing what my friends have to say about thing like that. You guys are great!

It has been getting warm these past few days, and Jeff's sister Kim has had a few days off ( which is rare), so we decided to start working in our yards. We started yesterday and pruned back all of her big dead bushes and shrubs. We cleared out lots of old ugly bark and our neighbor Rob helped us fix the drip line. Today we planted lots of plants, flowers, bushes, and bulbs all over both of our yards. It has been so fun. I only hope the snow doesn't come back with a vengeance and ruin it all!!!

Earlier today Jeff's sister Kim took Nyah and Megan (my niece) to the nail shop to get pedi's. Nyah and Megan were so thrilled that they got their toes painted with flower designs! So cute! If I had a working camera I'd post a pic of Ny's toes. She chose a bright pink polish, and I think Megan chose blue. Nyah hasn't stopped talking about getting her toes done with Aunt Kimmie and Megan all day long. She is such a girl, and I am thrilled for her.

6 comments:

Pauly said...

Way to go. I wish I had a green thumb and could makes things grow... oh well.

That's darling-- little girls are so fun!

Our Loved-up Family said...

I bet the girls loved that, KIm sounds like a great Auntie. I'm excited to see you tomorrow night:)

Krazy Keetch's said...

You'll have to come over and help me plant flowers when I get around to it Mrs. Green thumb. I was thinking about planting some fresh veggies but yeah that's a lot of work, doubt I'll get around to it.

Chrystal said...

Hooray for Spring! We just did some planting ourselves...Polish nails is a happy thing isn't it?

Sarah said...

no camera? dang it. I want to see her toes. I should totally take andie to do that. She would LOVE that!

Amyhop said...

Sounds fun! Good luck with the garden...that's on my list of things to do in the next two weeks...