Sunday, March 29, 2009

Twilight and Everything Since Twilight

I have been such a slacker. Hmmm, I think this is becoming a habit. Maybe I should look into changing that. Anyway...

The Twilight Party

Krista and Tiff threw a great Twilight party a week or so ago. It was so fun to hang out with the girls and have a good time. Here are a few highlights:

Alyssa, Me, Edward, Tiff

Alyssa, Sherami, Edward, Me

Alyssa, Edward, Me
Wow, with that pasty white skin and those glowing red eyes you might think I was a vampire... and not the vegetarian kind...
(Minus the incredible beauty, of coarse:-P )

Jen, looking beautiful.
Her name tag says: HELLO My name is Bella Swan (I wish)

Krista gave us the idea to make Twilight shirts. Mine says:

Forget Princess... I want to be a Vampire

Here is a close up. (Sorry for the boob shot!) My name tag says: Hello my name is Rosalie (Don't hate me because I'm beautiful).

Thanks for the name tag idea Jen! I figured if she got to be Bella, at least I could be the most beautiful girl Bella had ever seen ;-)

Oh, and thanks to my sister in law Jenny for helping me make my shirt. She is a computer whiz!

Paula and Sarah
Paula's shirt says: Move Over Cullens
Sarah's shirt says: I like men who sparkle

There were lots of great shirts and outfits. I wish I had gotten more photos. Thanks Krista and Tiff, and thanks to everyone who was there, it was so much fun!

Zane's Snowboarding Lesson

Last week Zane had his second snowboarding lesson. He has had one this year and one last year. I wish he could've had more, but it is so expensive. Thanks to his grandparents he has had a few lessons and also owns all his own gear. He LOVES snowboarding! Here are a few of the shots I was able to get:

Zane in his cool boarding gear.

During the lesson.

After the lesson. He is always making silly faces!

Kindergarten Speech Festival
Challenger has a speech festival every year, and each kid gets to learn and perform a speech (in kindergarten it's a poem) in front of the class and their parents. Then the teachers choose the top 3 and send them to compete against all the top kids from all the classes in their grade. Zane was one of the top 3! His poem was Mice by Rose Fileman.

Zane didn't win, but I thought he did a fantastic job. He had to change poems at the last minute, and was able to learn all that in one afternoon. What a great kid he is.

Several other things have happened that I want to share, but this is getting long. Check back next week to see about Zane's first concert, his first adult tooth, Nyah's pink toenails and new jelly shoes, Nyah's first try at rock climbing, and my first 5k run ever.

9 comments:

Our Loved-up Family said...

I love your poses with Edward. You do look like Rosalie! It was so much fun - we should have get togethers more often!

Pauly said...

Much prettier than Rosalie and much nicer too!

Zane is tooo cute and such a smarty!

carrie said...

I would love to get together and I know Lola would too. I hope the weather warms up after this week so we could go to a park or something! You and your family are so cute!

Chrystal said...

SO MUCH FUN! Love the shirts, love the poses, love the snowboarding gear, and wow - he's so big in school and everything!! Too cute!

Amyhop said...

Looks like you guys are staying busy! Love to see the pics of everyone!

Karalenn Hippen said...

You girls are so funny. Love all the poses with Edward. It's been so long since I've checked everyone's blogs to see how they are doing. It's so nice to catch up. I want to do it in person though. Life has calmed down enough now I think. I'd love to invite you and Chrystal over. Should we do it after your ms walk?

Anonymous said...

Love that you had a twilight party. What a fun idea! You guys all looked so cute!

Kathleen Smart - Braden said...

So great to see your little man in that cute suite.... DARLIING !

Hope MS is not getting you down !
Did this year's walk go well ?
Hugs, Aunt Kathleen

Jenne said...

I think you are way, way, way prettier than Rosalie in the movie!! I loved the Twilight Books and can't wait for New Moon to come out.