Saturday, June 6, 2009

12 Weeks to a NEW ME!

So, I am pretty sick of working out every day and staying the same size. I have been busting my bunz running, lifting weights, swimming, doing aerobics and pilates, and although I am seeing improvements in my stamina, strength, and overall health, I have plateaued in the weight loss category. I know (and have known) what the problem is (I don't eat right), but honestly I have no idea how to plan for, shop for, and cook a really healthy meal. So when I found out that my friend Trish and her buddy Kristi started a business to help women learn to eat right and get a rock hard body, I was on board! They gave me a book (they call it the Pink Bible) that outlines EXACTLY what to eat, how to prepare it, when to eat it, and what exercises to do... for a whole 12 weeks! You should see the before and after shots of Trish, it is unbelievable. So I am starting my journey to a new healthier, thinner, firmer me, and I couldn't be more excited... or scared ;-) I am taking a before pic tonight in a bikini, but don't worry, I won't post it here... but if I end up looking as hot as Trish, maybe I will make this blog private and post my after photo... or not! We'll see....

Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Missy said...

and what would this book be and where could I get one?

Liz Laudie said...

It was great running with you earlier this week. You pushed it hard even when you weren't sure you could go farther, and that gives evidence of your strength. So, with your proven determination, I know you are going to be up to the challenge of this new healthy lifestyle in which you are about to embark. It is not going to be easy, (I still have my moments of struggle 4 weeks in), but anything worth having takes work and sacrifice, right?! We know it . . . and we know we can do it!

Tara Hoppie said...

Liz: Thanks for the encouragement, I am so thankful to have such a positive and supportive friend!

Missy: This program was developed by my friend Trish (you can find a link to her blog from my blog) and her friend Kristi. What they do is fina a woman who want's to host the party, and she finds 10 or more of her friends that want to lose weight, tone up, eat healthier, and/or have more energy all day. Then Kristi and Trish come to your house with all your friends and teach you what to do. They also give you the book and a DVD to hepl you every step of the way, and they are always there to help you and answer your questions. They do 3 meetings (parties) durring the 12 weeks to keep you on track and to teach you what to do. It is like having a personal dietican and personal trainer for 3 months! It is $100 per person (cheap considering 1 consultation with a girl like this at my gym is $100, and you don't get a book or continuous guidence, or any of that stuff) for the whole program. Call me or email me and we will talk more about it if you are interested!

Tara Hoppie said...

Ugh! I should have proof read my last comment. It is riddled with typos! Sorry.

Kaybee said...

You go girl!

Chrystal said...

Sounds exciting! Good luck! I believe in you! I'd love to get one of those Pink Bibles too!

Lisanne Lee said...

Good for you Tara! You are amazing. How are are able to juggle so many things I'll never know. You empower me and help me realize that anything is possible. Welcome to the 'Live the Life' train. Amen to Trish's amazingness.

The Davendorks said...

Good luck with the 12 weeks. It does get easier as the weeks go by but the work out do get harder. Your a fighter and I know you will do awesome!

Jill said...

wow, that is really cool, good luck. I can't wait to see the pics.