Friday, June 11, 2010

My Mom is Allergic to California

California was so fun! I have to say, I just love the Central Coast. I am going to have to wait for pics from my brother, mom, and friends since I forgot to bring my stinkin' camera. Seriously, I am getting blonder by the day.

We went to the beach several times, and the kids loved splashing in the ocean. We built sand castles, had squirt gun fights, jumped waves, hunted for shells, and ate lunch right on the beach. Zane wanted to kayak in Morro Bay, so we rented one and went out to find sea otters. We didn't have any luck with them, but we did see a giant seal swimming and playing right next to our little boat! Amazing!

I really wanted to connect with some friends, so we met Melissa and Tonya (and fam) at Avila Beach. I have known them since first grade, and it was incredible to see them again. We also hooked up with my college roomie Liz and her new hubby in Monterey. We went to the aquarium, and I was blown away. Nyah even touched a sea cucumber. I could hardly believe it.

It was also fun to go to church on Sunday and visit one of our old wards. It was the ward Zane was born and blessed in, and it brought back so many good memories. I love the people there, they feel like lifetime friends. The Petrillis, the Hansens, the Hendrys, the Brunners, the Wrights, and so many more great friends. I can't wait for the next visit.

The last thing I will share is a funny Nyah quote. I had seasonal allergies beginning the moment we landed in Cali, and I explained to Ny that I was sneezing and sniffing because I was allergic to California. I thought this was the easiest way to explain my hay fever. I didn't think she even gave it a second thought, but when we were on the plane back home she turned to the woman next to her and said, "My mom is allergic to California." Ha! The lady laughed and laughed, and I explained where she came up with that, and then she laughed some more. That Ny!

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Nya is too cute! I had allergies in CA back in April! Ha! So I'm glad you got to have the trip! It was so fun to see you on Tues. XO XO