Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween Half Marathon

So I have committed. I am going to run a half marathon with the officer candidates at the end of October. I have been slacking with my cardio lately, focusing on weight training, but I am back on the horse as of today.

Day1: 4 miles, 1% incline.

I was PUSHING through the last half. Yuck. The air is so thin up here! No big deal, I will train my lungs to be strong. I can do this! (I have to tell myself positive things if I am going to make it. I know it sounds lame, but who cares?) Tomorrow, 5 miles.

5 comments:

Merry said...

You are amazing! I'm sure you can do it!

Adam and Bri said...

you inspire me.

i have GOT to get back on the exercising bandwagon because apparently i don't want to stop eating. :)

Krazy Keetch's said...

oh yay! you wil do fantastic! It's a great experience. And a big accomplishment. Good luck!!

Beth said...

Hooray for you! Keep thinking those positive thoughts--"hoppie thoughts" :)

xxx Beth

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK! It seems like a lot of people I know are training for marathons or half marathons right now...maybe once this baby shows up I'll have to get back into the running groove. Keep us posted on your progress.