Saturday, November 29, 2008

November

This month has had it's ups and downs, but mostly ups. The kids got to build their first snowman ever, and it was awesome. Jeff and I tried to make it as fun and cool as possible for the kids, so of course we broke out the Halloween candy and winter accessories to jazz things up a little. I have to admit that I don't have any solid memories of making a snowman, so this felt like a first for me as well. This was several weeks ago now, and we haven't had any snowfall since, but the kids are anxiously awaiting its arrival so they can build another one.





Later in the month my beautiful grandmother passed away at 94. I love her with every fiber of my being, and I feel so blessed that she was in my life. I am sure that many of my good qualities were planted and nurtured by her over the years. I felt a tiny bit of sadness at her passing, but honestly it was mostly joy. She lived a full and vibrant life, and was surely missing her husband of seventy some-odd years. My sweet grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's at least 10 years of her life, and I have been missing her all that time. I knew she was in there, but it was difficult to reach the real her. She must be thrilled to be rid of her body that was filled with restrictions, and be free to be herself once again. I am sure she will love getting her body back in it's perfected state. I'm sure we all will. I will miss her until we meet again.



The kids were so excited that Christmas is coming that they begged to put the tree up early. So Jeff went to the garage and pulled out our cool fake tree, and all the decorations to go with it, and we turned it into a two night event. I will post pics of the tree later on, but here is a couple shots of the kids playing in the tree box. They loved that box so much that we are debating wrapping up several different empty boxes and giving those to the kids for Christmas... hee, hee...





Thanksgiving was such a peaceful holiday. Judy made a delicious dinner as always, and the company was very pleasant. I made pumpkin pie and a real cheesecake (I had to bake it and everything!) for the first time by myself. I am an okay cook, but I have never baked a pie before, and it was pretty fun. I think I will try that more often.

Thanksgiving day was also our 9th anniversary, so Jeff took me to see the movie of MY choice, which was Twilight. I thought it was so sweet that he was so willing to see a chick flick with me, no questiions asked. We usually try to compromise and see a movie that we both are interested in, but he insisted on giving me the movie of my choice. After 9 years he is still as sweet as ever.

6 comments:

Trish said...

Happy Anniversary!

Okay - I am just giggling over your workout quotes! Love them!

tatum said...

i am behind everyone in putting the tree up already! glad you kids liked it. we haven't talked forever.

Krazy Keetch's said...

I promise I am trying my hardest to get into the books..but Brianna is far more into them than I am..I'm still tryin' though. Looks like you had a great November! Sorry about your grandma!!

See ya soon!!

Lisanne Lee said...

What a month! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your kids are so joyous!

Happy Anniversary!

Krazy Keetch's said...

He he he..I saw the toilet paper..I told Krista that morning that Frosty the snowman payed her a visit..Love it..How are you? Long time no see? We need to get back to working out..my muscles are getting soft.

Deborah Kurpjuweit said...

the funniest thing you said in your blog was the kids playing in the box. I loved your comment about wrapping boxes. The other happiest thing on your blog was about Nelda returning to Father in Heaven. I loved every moment I spent with Gramma Nelda. I looked up to her talents, and we loved gabbing. Tara & Jeff, you're the tops.