Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Halloween Experience

We had such a fun Halloween this year. When I say "we" I mean me and the kids. Jeff was sicker than a dog. Poor guy.

Getting ready for Halloween, the kids and I decided to make cupcakes for the ladies I visit teach. I ended up making 2 batches, but I only have pictures of the first batch. By the second batch I figured out a way to make the witches a little cuter, but you will just have to take my word for it.

Jeff liked the mummies the best.

Zane and Nyah enjoyed placing the spiders and worms.
Zane wanted to carve the pumpkin that he and Nyah got from Grammy and Grandpa. I pulled up photos of jack-o-lanterns on the net and let him tell me what he wanted to do. As soon as he saw a picture of a pumpkin barfing he knew he wanted to do that too. So I had him draw a picture of exactly what he wanted, and we negotiated a few funny changes (the eyes). Then Zane helped me draw the design on the pumpkin. I did all of the gutting, and Jeff did the carving. Zane thought the smell of the pumpking guts was revolting, so he walked seveal feet away from it while we worked. He is such a funny kid!


The Saturday before Halloween I took the kids to the community center for their big Halloween Bash. RJ and Ethan came with their friend John, and Krista and Tiff brought their cute kids too. We had so much fun playing games, trick-or-treating, and going through the haystack maze.


Gavin, Nyah, and Zane


Nyah, Alyssa, Tatum, Gavin, Brianna, and Zane

On Halloween I took the kids to the mall with my friend Heather and her kids to trick-or-treat. When we got home we had a dinner break, and then we went back out to trick-or-treat in our rainy neighborhood. We had so much fun seeing the neighbors all dressed up.

Every time we would get to a door, Nyah wouldn't say "trick-or-treat". Instead she would say,"happy Halloween!" And then she would reach down into her bucket and find a treat to put in the bowl of the person at the door. Most people were confused, and tried to give her treat back, but a few accepted her gift and returned the favor with two treats for her. Every now and then she would ask the person at the door if what she gave them was their favorite. So funny.

Zane was very excited and wated to go to every house that had a light on. By the time I was totally pooped, I told him we were done and should walk home. He conceded, but insisted on still going to the houses with lots of cool Halloween decor on them. That sounded like a fair deal to me.

6 comments:

Beth said...

It sounds like it was a fun night for everyone but Jeff. (Hope he's feeling better.)

The story about Nyah's trick-or-treating technique is priceless.

Thanks for sharing!

xxx Beth

Krazy Keetch's said...

The cupcakes look delicious. Uh-your pumpkin threw up?? Awesome! I want that picture of the kids..How come I didn't see you on Halloween?..Where were you?? Hope you had a fantastic Halloweeny!! Love ya!

Chrystal said...

You all look fantastic! Loved the cupcakes too! SO fun!

Unknown said...

Soooooo cute kids and cupcakes too.

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! I love the throwing up pumpkin! :)

I WILL be coming to the Hoppie's for Thanksgiving! I was glad to be invited again, and I can't wait to see you guys.

Our Loved-up Family said...

Your workout quotes are funny, I'm glad you didn't put the plug socket one up there!:) I'm sore, but still mobile, we'll see what next week brings - I'm thinking 8lb weights!