Friday, January 23, 2009

The Eyebrow Experience

My friend Selena is one of the most beautiful people I know, and she was telling me that part of her beauty regimen is dying her eyebrows. We blondies usually have pale skin and light eyebrows, so we get washed out pretty easily. So, Selina offered to dye and shape my eyebrows for me. I have to say that even though I trusted Selena (her brows are amazing), I was pretty freaked out when I looked in the mirror and saw this:
Sorry for the bitter look, Selena thought it would make a more dramatic shot for blog posting purposes ;-) Anyway, you can see why I was concerned. Selena, being the good friend that she is, assured me that when I washed the dye off, it would look great. So, I relaxed a bit. A few minutes later, it was time to wash the dye off. She gave me two cotton balls and told me to start scrubbing and rinsing. As soon as I was done, I looked in the mirror again, and to my absolute horror, I saw this:

Again, I apologize for the silly expression, but this was the best reenactment of the moment I saw my eyebrows that I could create for a more accurate depiction of the moment. Luckily, Selena is a compassionate person, and continued her attempts to keep me calm by explaining that she had a "stain remover" that would remove the dye left on my skin that was making me feel a bit too much like Groucho Marx.


I decided it was best to trust Selena, and hold off on the complete meltdown until she tried the stain remover. Selena got out a Q-tip and the solution, and began scrubbing my brows as hard as she could. While she was doing this she was assuring me that it was working, and that I would love the final result. So as soon as she was finished I held my breath, looked in the mirror, and saw this:
Well, almost. This is what I looked like after I hugged and thanked Selena (with much relief and excitement), and put on my make-up. Now all I have to do is find a good self tanner to complete the effect. I am pretty excited, I am a little tired of the albino look. If anyone has any recommendations for a non streaky, non orange self tanner, please share!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

They look great. WE just need a before shot now too. YOu should know that Mary Kay has a great sunless tanning lotion. I like it. The smell makes you feel like you are at the beach and it is safe on your face. The only trouble is you have to keep it up if you want the results to last, so I don't use it much.

Anonymous said...

Lookin' hot lady! I am so glad I've converted you. Us blondies have to put some work into lookin' good! Highlights, eyebrow dye, sunless-tanner, make-up etc. (Good luck if you're a mama, right) xo-Selena
p.s. St. Tropez Mousse Tanner $40 a bottle (use sparingly)

Amy said...

That is so funny! i think you look better as a blonde! I would be so scared too. You're beautiful! You don't need a sunless tanner. We are all pale and flushed out. I know you were in good hands with Salena!

Sarah said...

Yeah I wanna a before shot cause I think they look great. But they look so natural I wonder what they looked like before! I think I want to be converted too. Gotta talk to Selena!!

Sherami said...

I liked the first look the best. You would never have to worry about anyone messing with you!

Liz Laudie said...

Hey cute girl! You always look beautiful, but Selena did a nice job on your eyebrows. Good luck with the sunless tanner~~I have no input for that one.

Unknown said...

You are a knock-out with our without your eyebrows dyed!

Chrystal said...

WHEW! What a roller-coaster! Ha ha! I'm glad it turned out so well!