Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Last Day of 2009

I can hardly believe that today is the last day of 2009. A decade has come and gone and I am sitting here wondering why time seems to go so much faster now that I have kids. Maybe it's because I am so much busier than I used to be. Whatever the reason I am glad that I have kids, but a little sad that time is going so quickly. I look back at the photos of my kids last year and the year before, and it makes me miss the days when they were so little. It's not that I don't love exactly what age they are now, I am just a little afraid that this stage will pass as quickly as all the others have and before I know it they will be all grown up! I am sure that I am being ridiculous, but maybe I can get past these fears if I get them off my chest and move on. Does anybody else ever feel this way?

2009 has been a great year. I prefer to look at the positives and forget about the negatives. Our kids have been so happy and have learned so much, and I feel blessed to be able to be part of that. We have done many exciting things together like go boating with our cousins, ride bikes in the neighborhood, go to the dollar movies, play baseball and basketball at the park, go swimming, visit the fire station, and so much more. We love to go go go and it has always helped us learn, grow and have fun.

I am excited for 2010. I think it will bring many good opportunities for our family, and we plan to take advantage of as many of them as we can. I hope this new year turns out to be one of the best yet for us and for all of our friends and family. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I think it is built into the DNA of mom's to be sentimental about their children's rapid growth and leaving their childhood behind. Thank heavens for each new day to make another good memory to help us let go of yesterday. Your post shows you are doing just that, making wonderful memories with your family! xxx ooo

Sherami said...

I just came across some picture of Harrison when he was little this morning and was feeling the same way. TOTALLY NORMAL!!! I hope this new year brings you happiness and many blessings!