Monday, August 25, 2008

Zane's First Day of Kindergarten





Today was Zane's first day of kindergarten at Challenger School. He has been so excited to start kindergarten, with only one exception... kindergarten shots. He wouldn't even have known about them if his friend who started kindergarten last year didn't let him in on it. Luckily, we didn't mention that he was getting his shots until the moment he had to get them, so it went pretty quickly with little anxiety.


Anyway, back to the first day of school. He was so excited this morning when I woke him up. He ate his breakfast fairly quickly, and then ran upstairs to get dressed. He felt all grown up wearing his spiffy uniform, and he didn't even seem to mind the tie too much. He wanted his hair styled with gel to look cool, and he was thrilled to put on his new backpack. I was exactly on time, but that didn't leave much room for pictures in front of the house, so I snapped the few I could and hustled the kids in the car.


When we get there he was so excited that he jumped out of the car with the attendant, and tried to bolt toward the school. Luckily she grabbed him and informed him that he had to hold her hand while they were by the unloading zone to make sure he was safe.


As soon as school was over, I was right there to pick him up at the loading zone, and the very first thing he said to me when he got in the car was, "Mom, I loved it! It was so awesome!" I am so glad that he had such a good time getting to know his new class and his new teachers. We were able to meet both of them last Friday at the open house, and they are delightful. I feel so blessed that he attends that school, and that the new campus is so very close to our home. I am almost as excited as he is for this year of school.

9 comments:

Beth said...

Tara, I am just thrilled to find out you have a blog! I've read all your posts and now I really feel up-to-date with you and Jeff and Zane and Nyah.

Zane looks absolutely adorable in his kindergartner duds. Man, he reminds of me Jeff at that age!

Sending you much love. xxx Beth

Unknown said...

He is such a cute little guy.

Trish said...

SO handsome in that uniform!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Zane's first day of kindergarten? I'm glad to see that YOU'RE moving up in the world! I'm glad you found my blog, now we can be blog buddies!

Krazy Keetch's said...

Yaaay for school..Isn't school cool Zane!!

tatum said...

very cute!

Chrystal said...

He is so darn cute! I'm glad he had a great day! Nyah sure is adorable next to him too...You're awesome Tara! Love you!

Missy said...

I love your blog! Your family is so cute! I loved seeing you guys yesterday. I can't wait to see you more often now that we're back in Utah. We've got a blog too. It's bradandmissy.blogspot.com. Check it out.

Krisser said...

Tara! It's so good to see you and your family- your kids are so stinkin' cute! I've been wondering how you are, it's been so long since I saw you last- and I'm excited to get an update! Love you!
Kristie